We started by mixing together crumbled Feta cheese with chopped spinach. We used about 8 oz. of spinach with 6 oz. of Feta, but I think there is some flexibility with this ratio.
I then melted 4 tablespoons of butter. I put some on the bottom of a glass pie pan, the started layering Phyllo dough and the spinach mixture. I put a little melted butter on top of each layer of Phyllo dough.
I finished by topping with several sheets of Phyllo dough and brushing a lightly beaten egg on top.
It was baked at 350 degrees F for 15 minute or until golden brown on top.
8 oz. spinach
6 oz. Feta cheese
4 T butter, melted
1 8 oz. package Phyllo dough
1 egg, lightly beaten
1. In a small bowl, mix together spinach and Feta.
2. Spread some melted butter on the bottom of a pie dish.
3. Spread several sheets of Phyllo dough in the pan. Top with a little melted butter and some of the spinach/Feta mixture.
4. Repeat step 4 until you use up the spinach/Feta mixture.
5. Top with remaining Phyllo dough
6. Spread beaten egg on top layer of Phyllo dough
7. Bake at 350 F for 15-20 minutes or until top is golden brown.