This salad is a simple dish consisting of spinach, topped with pine nuts and raisins.
Start by chopping and blanching your spinach leaves. We used a 5 oz. bag of fresh spinach. Set this aside and keep it warm.
Next, heat some oil in a small frying pan. Add one clove of finely chopped garlic. After one or two minutes, add the pine nuts and raisins. We used 1/4 cup of each, but if I make it again I will use less (or use more spinach). The ratio didn’t seem quite right. Sautée these ingredients until the raisins get plump and the pine nuts start to turn golden-brown.
To serve, top the spinach with the pine nuts and raisins.
Andorran Spinach Salad with Raisins and Pine Nuts
- Spinach, chopped and blanched
- Pine nuts
- 1 clove garlic
- Olive Oil
- Heat oil in small frying pan and add garlic.
- Add raisins and pine nuts.
- Cook until raisins are plump and pine nuts are toasted.
- Top spinach with raisins and pine nuts. Serve hot.